Last Updated: July 7, 2022]
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU
We collect personal information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect personal information when you use our websites; provide product reviews; shop in our stores; call us on the phone; create an online account; sign up to receive our emails; request a catalog; participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; apply for and/or participate in our loyalty program; apply for a job; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other personal information you choose to provide. We will provide a Personal Information Collection Statement on the form or webpage that collects personal information to inform you of the purposes of collecting personal information, the classes of persons to whom the personal information may be transferred and other related information. Supply of personal information to us is non-obligatory but failure to do so may result in us being unable to provide you with the relevant Services or information.
In some cases, we may also collect personal information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a "wishlist" or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this personal information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us. For compliance with the Ordinance, you may be required to have first obtained the authorization of such individuals before using, disclosing and transferring their personal information, including giving consent on their behalf to our use, disclosure and transfer of their personal information. If necessary, we may require you to provide any supporting documents in proving such authorization. You should also advise them that Vuori can be contacted for further information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect certain personal information about you when you access or use our Services or shop in our stores, including:
LOG AND USAGE INFORMATION: We collect information about your use of our online Services, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, items placed in your cart, links clicked, browsing behavior, and the referring URL (the webpage you visited before navigating to our online Services).
DEVICE INFORMATION: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model, IP address, unique device identifiers and operating system and version.
TRANSACTIONAL INFORMATION: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
VIDEO DATA: We collect video data via security cameras we deploy in some of our retail stores.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OUR PARTNERS AND OTHER SOURCES
We may obtain personal information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect personal information from the local postal services’ national change of address databases to verify and update mailing addresses. In addition, if you interact with us on social media, we will also collect personal information about you from those interactions.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DERIVE
We may derive personal information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal information we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address, or that you are interested in purchasing a certain type of clothing based on your browsing behavior on our Services.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experiences;
- Deliver the products and Services you request, or that are reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship, complete transactions, perform our contractual obligations and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Process your orders, payments and account adjustments and initiate, render, bill and collect payment for our products and Services;
- Conduct internal research and development and make business decisions about current and future product and service offerings;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please see "Your Choices" below);
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Detect, protect against and prevent security incidents and illegal or unauthorized activities, investigate complaints and claims and provide other security protections, such as identity verification;
- Protect users of our Services from fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, abusive or unlawful activities of others;
- Debug and repair errors in our products and Services and other activities to maintain and improve the quality and safety of our products and Services;
- Cooperate with law enforcement and protect the rights (including free speech), interests, safety or property of Vuori or our customers, service providers and other third parties;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations and respond to governmental requests;
- Enforce our policies, terms and conditions or other agreements;
- Defend against or pursue claims, disputes or litigation – in court or elsewhere;
- Provide you the benefits of our loyalty program if you are a member of our loyalty program; and
- Carry out any other purpose directly related to the purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the personal information was originally collected.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
All personal information we collect will be kept confidential. Where disclosure of personal information is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal information was collected, we may share personal information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants, contractors and other service providers who access personal information to carry out work on our behalf and improve the products and services they provide to us (e.g., companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, analytics, marketing and advertising);
- In response to a request for personal information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company, provided that such recipient has a legitimate right to such information, is under a duty of confidentiality to us and has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- With our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- By publicly posting, at our discretion, your product review or other user content if you provide one; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We may also work with third parties (such as Facebook and Instagram) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on their platforms. If you prefer not to see customized ads from us, you can usually opt out by changing your account settings or preferences on such platforms.
Our retention periods for personal information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the personal information was collected and any other permissible, related purpose, and as permitted or required by the applicable laws. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
We do not, in providing the Services, knowingly collect personal information from children who are under the age of 18 without prior consent from such child’s parent or guardian. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to us via the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that personal information from our databases unless the said prior consent from such parent or guardian has been obtained.
YOUR ONLINE VUORI ACCOUNT
You may update, correct or delete certain information stored within your online Vuori account at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the “My Account” page. To delete your online account, please write to email@example.com. Note that if you request to delete your account, we may retain certain personal information (such as transaction information) and other cached or archived copies of personal information about you for such time as may be necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the information was collected or used (including as required by law or for legitimate business purposes). If you have other questions about your account, please “Contact Us.”
OPTING OUT OF PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
It is our intention to only send you communications that you may want to receive. When you opt-in or do not opt-out from receiving promotional materials in a form in which we collect the personal information from you, we will contact you regularly via post and/or e-mail. We intend to use your name, contact details and demographic information and market or promote the events offered or arranged by us or third parties. We may not use your personal information for such purpose unless we have received your consent.
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by doing the following:
- To opt out of direct mail (such as catalogues and postcards): Log into your online account and adjust your settings under the "Preferences" page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To opt out of promotional emails and text messages: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Vuori is headquartered in the United States and we process and store the information we collect from you, regardless of your location, in the U.S. If you are based outside the U.S., we transfer your personal information to, and process your personal information on, servers located in the U.S., a jurisdiction that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. By reference to the section headed “Sharing of Personal Information” above, your personal information may also be transferred to, stored and processed in the U.S. or other jurisdictions where the third parties are located or from which the third parties provide us services. Such transfers and processing of your personal information are necessary to provide our Services. By submitting your personal information to us, you understand and consent to the transfer of such information as described above.
DATA SECURITY MEASURES
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. Our staff are trained on the importance of privacy and protection of personal information. We intend to limit the number of individuals within Vuori with access to personal information to those directly involved in the process of providing Services to you. Security arrangements will also be reviewed regularly to ensure that personal information is protected against loss and unauthorised or accidental access, use, disclosure, modification and erasure.
NOTIFICATION OF DATA BREACH
In the unlikely event of a data breach, we will comply with any applicable laws and regulations which would require us to notify you of the disclosure of personal information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites which are operated by third parties.
DATA ACCESS, CORRECTION REQUESTS AND OTHER ENQUIRIES
You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal information held by us.
By using the internet service provided by us, you consent to your personal information being used in the manner set out above. You further consent to us using your personal information for the purposes as stated and for ancillary purposes.